Still making steady progress - since eating lunch he seems to look less puffy and has been more awake. He has managed to try out all of his gadgets and now we've brought them back to our room for charging.
Harrison was helped into a chair this morning by the physio with the aim of him sitting there for half an hour. He managed a few minutes before deciding to use it as a second bed and go to sleep in it!
Getting him into it was quite funny, as every time the physio or nurse told him that he was doing really well, Harrison replied, "I'm not one you know - I'm eleven!" They have had to put up with so much abuse from him over the past couple of days but they think he's funny and provided them with plenty of entertainment. He also gave the consultant a hard time again this morning. The nasal gastric tube has been annoying him so he ordered, "I want it out - NOW!" She replied, "Ok. I don't think I have any choice in the matter!" Fortunately, it hadn't drained anything for several hours otherwise he would not have been so lucky....
He ate cauliflower cheese for his dinner this evening, followed by sloppy ice cream - he enjoyed it though. From the photograph you can see that he's become Mr Independent again (because he's 11 not 1....) He's now settled down for the night (touch wood as I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep too). After speaking to one of the more senior nurses today, it sounds as though he'll probably be in PICU for tomorrow and then maybe be moved to the High Dependency Unit (HDU) on Tuesday if all goes well.
4 comments:
Go Harrison, you tell 'em!
Great to hear you enjoyed the Grand Prix and the cauliflower cheese! :-)
See you soon.
Love Jacky, Clive and Alex XXX
Oh, I can so hear him saying that! "I am eleven you know..." Marvellous stuff!
Sending more love and hugs,
Karen, Dave, Meg and 'Big H' xxxx
Great to hear Harrison is being stroppy - a sure sign of improvement! Hope things continue to go well, love to all,Stef,Ian and girls xx
Great to see Harrisons progress and that he is keeping the staff in order! Keep it up "H". Izzie and I are thinking about you every day xxxx
Post a Comment