Nearly had another bathroom incident this morning... I started to run the bath for Harrison then realised that he hadn't taken any of his medicines this morning (5 of them). Took a while to coax (& bribe) him to take them, after which I suddenly remembered the bath! Fortunately, it had only filled about a 1/3 of the way up, but I had visions of bubbles pouring over the top & wading through puddles again - phew! It made Harrison laugh which was nice to see. I didn't laugh though, when I was washing his hair with the shower and gave it to him to hold whilst I applied the shampoo. Instead of holding it pointing down into the bath, he just let go of it, which meant it flipped over and I had another fully clothed dowsing! The bathroom door also got a good soak.....
The doctors came in whilst Harrison was in the bath (before I washed his hair). They took my word for it that he was still here... They are planning to repeat the sleep study once Harrison no longer requires oxygen through the BIPAP - only 1 litre last night, so should hopefully be by the end of the week. Other than that, nothing else to report.
Harrison finished his clock today - must have taken all of 5 minutes to draw on the numbers with the felt tip pen. You can see how proud he is of his work (or maybe he's thinking, 'this is so not my idea of fun....')
We are getting good at creating our own entertainment. Here is Harrison during our second physio session - star jumps. Not a lot you can do in confinement!
It's not Harrison's lucky day today. The lovely assistant from the school brought him some more artwork to do! This afternoon's session was making a stained glass effect picture for the window. Having a cannula in your writing hand is no excuse. The only way Harrison would agree to participate was if he could do a Star Trek ship. Here's the evidence......
His weight is fluctuating between 29.5kg and 30kg. Breakfast, as has been the general trend, is still the most successful meal of the day - today, 2 sausages. Lunch continues to be very poor - 1 1/2 chicken nuggets and dinner this evening consisted of two fish fingers and a couple of mouthfuls of spaghetti. Harrison wants a word with the catering manager here. He wants to know why they don't have mushroom ravioli on the menu! Even if they did, I doubt he'd manage more than a couple of mouthfuls going by his attempts with the macaroni cheese (another favourite).
Overall, I would say that he is definitely improving. His cough seems to be more under control today, although I'm expecting it to come back again this evening, which seems to be the pattern. He's had his shirt off for most of the day so I've been able to watch his breathing. He still tires during the afternoon which does affect his breathing but he hasn't asked for the BIPAP for a couple of days now which is a definite improvement.
Bernard tells me that he is much better too, so hopefully he'll be able to rejoin us in a couple of days. I'm completely fine again. It must have been the open windows that caused my throat. In fact, I've been told that I can go and get my own dinner tonight. No longer eligible for the five star treatment. Can't complain though, I'm looking forward to seeing civilisation again and we've only been in here for a couple of days!!
6 comments:
Evening! D and I are checking up on both of you this evening. I am glad you didn't have swine flu Lindsey, I called up the helpline to get you some useful information ... but all I got was cracklin!!!
That lovely boy is looking good !!
D is horrified that H is having to do some work(!!), but very glad to see her lovely pal doing some star jumps.
Thank you for filling us in so wonderfully and for being so positive - you are inspirational.
With much love from the Curas
Wow! You sound so much more cheerful Lindsey. Think it may be water on the brain (from the shower - te he!) A relief that you have probably escaped the flu and Harrison has a mild dose and already feeling much better. Signs of improvement all round must be a great great weight off your minds.
So glad that H managed to get some yellow in his Trekkie pic! Great clock too. No sign of a smile during the star jumps though. Was Mum dry by then?
Keep up the good work you two so Bernard won't know H when he returns to the hospital. He'll be expecting a sick boy!
Hope you enjoyed your wee escape for food Lindsey. No more antics with the shower tomorrow. You'll get yourself a reputation!
Night night God Bless, Sandie x
Have you heard this news Harrison? It was announced yesterday:
Schumacher to make F1 return
Ferrari have confirmed seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher will make a sensational return to Formula One to stand in for Felipe Massa for the rest of the season.
German driving legend Schumacher still works for Ferrari as an advisor, but after Massa's shocking injury in Hungary he will now get back behind the wheel once again.
Schumacher has some time to prepare as the F1 season takes a summer break, but he should once again line up on the grid at the European Grand Prix in Valencia on August 23.
"Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro intends to put Michael Schumacher in Felipe Massa's car until the Brazilian driver will be able to race again," Ferrari confirmed in a statement.
"Michael Schumacher said he is ready and, over the next few days, will undertake a specific training programme at the end of which confirmation will be given of his participation in the championship with effect from the European Grand Prix on the 23rd of August."
Schumacher admits loyalty played a big part in his decision to return.
"The most important thing first: thanks God, all news concerning Felipe are positive. I wish him all the best again," Schumacher said.
"I was meeting this afternoon with Stefano Domenicali and Luca di Montezemolo and together we decided that I will prepare myself to take the place of Felipe.
"Though it is true that the chapter Formula 1 has been closed for me since long and completely, it is also true that for loyalty reasons to the team I cannot ignore that unfortunate situation. But as the competitor I am, I also very much look forward to facing this challenge."
Should make for great watching!
Love, Sandie x
Hello hello!
Okay Lindsey...I have got the gist..You want to go swimming when you get out so I'll see what I can arrange!!!
Loved Harrison's face with that clock. Definitely an "I am not amused" moment.
We will have to tell him all about Dave's visit to the premiere of a Star Trek film some years ago. Mind you, I don't suppose that Star Trek on tv now has the same stars in it as then!
So pleased to hear you are feeling better and Harrison is on the mend. Hurrah!
Love, Karen xx
So pleased and relieved Lindsey that everything is brighter today! Hopefully Harrison is properly on the mend at last and now Bernard can give you a bit of a break. I admire your strength and braveness so much, You are a No.1 MUM! We are off to Corfu tomorrow, I will try to leave a message in the morning but know that i will be thinking of you and will try to text you. Take care honey xx
Hi harrison.
Glad to see you are feeling better.
That was a very good clock and startreck ship you done there!
I'm going on holiday tomorow but you will be in my thoughts the whole way through!
I think you should ask the catering manager for your mushroom ravioli, I mean, I would! Hope to see you soon.
love Izzie
Post a Comment