Ooooeerrrr! Weight now 29.7kg. On a positive note though, Harrison ate a whole sausage and a hash brown with some mayonnaise for breakfast. He either feels a bit better today or the thought of the Abidec for the forseeable future gave him a reality check!
Abidec is a multivitamin medicine which smells identical to the solution we used to put into Smoothie's (Harrison's hamster) drinking water. I must admit, I wouldn't be very impressed if I had to take it.......
I woke up with a slightly dry throat and a bit blocked in one nostril. If Harrison didn't have swine flu, I wouldn't think twice about it but right now I'm paranoid about infecting everybody. The nurse looking after Harrison told me that one of the nurses at the desk said that we could go out for a walk today!!! I declined the invitation, as I would not be at all impressed if somebody knowing they had swine flu, was wandering around in public infecting my family. I'm not going to leave the room either, at least until my throat is completely normal again.
As I type, Harrison is enjoying watching CBBC in realtime. It has even brought a smile to his face from time to time.
The doctor came to see us and apologised. I didn't give her a hard time as she has been extremely attentive to Harrison since he arrived back from PICU. Any time over the past couple of weeks when we mentioned that he didn't look 'right' or was in discomfort etc, she was there at his bedside giving him a thorough examination. Bernard and I had recently thanked her for listening to us and always checking Harrison over. We don't know whose decision it was to admit that child to the bay, so although effectively she was apologising on behalf of the whole team, it wouldn't have been fair to moan at her.
Well, as per usual, I was rather premature in my excitment about Harrison's eating. Lunch was an extremely poor effort despite huge dollops of mayonnaise to help it down. Looks like that Abidec will be on the drug chart for a while then....
If you look back at Friday, Sunday and yesterday's posts I have added 4 photographs which I took from my phone's camera. As I'm sitting around all day, I decided that I should try and figure out how to move the photos across to my netbook. I was very impressed with myself because I usually leave all the technical stuff to Bernard. He had to point me in the right direction at the very end, but I did the tricky bit - hurrah!
Bit of physio this afternoon and some more art and craft - clock making (or torture as far as Harrison is concerned) to be continued, television, ps2.......... he's been so busy!
Thanks again everyone for all your supportive messages and cards. You're all fab.
(Just taken these photos of Harrison and Bob playing doctors with a lovely 'bear friendly' kit bought for Bob by my friend Melanie. Yes - we are completely nuts! There's no stopping me now I've sussed this bluetoothing of files...)
5 comments:
Can't believe what we've been reading the last few days! Poor Harrison and poor you too! Hope you all soon feel better and Harrison can continue his recovery. Give him a big hug from us - our thoughts are still with you. Take care,Stef,Ian,Imogen and Emily xxx
Here is hoping for a better day for you both today. I hope your blocked nose etc. stays at that, Lindsey!
In our thoughts,
Karen, Dave, Meg and H xx
Pleased to hear you sounding more cheerful and that neither of you is feeling VERY sick with the flu (You've surely hear the one about some Americans thinking there'd be a black president when pigs flew - then 100 days into Obama's administration swine flu! Sorry! That is terrible!)
It must be great to have a room to yourselves. Make the most of it. But I think you're right not to go walkabout until you're both better.
Come on Harrison - eat more or it's the dreaded Abidec (Or is that Ant and Dec?!!)
Great t-shirt you made H. Very professional. Do you like yellow?!!
Love to all, Sandie x
Oh Lindsey i couldnt believe it when i saw your updates darling, my heart goes out to you all. I foolishly thought harrison would be safe from the dreaded swine flu in there! Hoping and praying he makes a quick recovery and you dont get it.lots of love and thoughts xxxx
Hi harrison.
I have been thinking of you every day.
So sorry to hear you have got the swine flu.
I hope you feel better soon.
I have been on my summer holz for a week now and i have had loads of sleep overs and been shopping alot. This afternoon I am walking a dog called bob with my friend, gemma. Hope to see you soon. love izzie x
Post a Comment