and are quickly getting back into the swing of things.....
We got home about 8:40pm last night. Bernard then had to build a back rest for Harrison's bed so that he could sleep upright. We all finally got to bed about 11:40pm. Harrison slept well in his own bed and then ate a cooked breakfast there this morning. Strikes me that the hospital made him rather too comfortable!
I spent today catching up on the washing (even though Bernard had done most of it already) and now you can hardly move in Harrison's playroom for wet clothes. Whenever we come home from hospital EVERYTHING gets washed!
After that, I started sorting out Harrison's wardrobe to make space for the stuff that was under his bed. Once I got going, I progressed to his toys and now have a substantial pile for a car boot sale. The cupboards look better but the floor is a bit of a mess. Need to find some boxes.........
Harrison has enjoyed being at home and vegging on his own bed. Bernard took him for a short walk this afternoon and then they sat in Harrison's garden playhouse chatting for a bit.
Bernard made a spaghetti bolognese for dinner for which Harrison gave him a score of 9/10. If it had been filled pasta, Harrison would have awarded 10/10! He told us that the hospital chef only scored 1/10; a bit harsh considering the variety of food served in the restaurant. Ok, the vegetables were often rather overcooked but in general, for mass catering, I've experienced a lot worse. The nicest thing about the catering team. was that in both the restaurant and the coffee shop, the exact same staff were there at the time of Harrison's previous operation 9 years ago. They all seem very happy in their work and one of the kitchen staff recognised us when we were in the lift last week. He couldn't believe how big Harrison was because he remembered him as a toddler! Harrison obviously made an impression on him ........
Since being home, Bernard and I have noticed how loud Harrison's heart is beating. You don't need a stethoscope nor to put your ear to his chest in order to hear it, just being close to him is sufficient. It's really loud! Comforting in some ways but in others a bit weird.
Well, we're all really pleased to be home and it won't be long before I have it just the way I like it again ;-)
Thanks for reading our blog - we hope you enjoyed it.
(PS - I've just added some photos to yesterday's blog)
3 comments:
Hi harrison.
All our love from corfu!
We are so glad to hear you are finally home!
Hope you feel better each day and cant wait till we see you when we get home!
Our holidsy is great so far and its v. hot, swum everyday and have been on pedlos out to sea!
From Izzie and co. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How much happier Harrison looks at home! I'm sure you are all on a 'high' right now, in spite of having to do the washing and rearranging your home. It will soon seem like hospital was SOoooo long ago and you'll have established a routine again. Sounds like H's weight will soon improve now he has his appetite back. He obviously much prefers Mum and Dad's cooking. Quite right too!
Enjoy your week and I look forward to hearing from Karen about your progress. I have enjoyed your blog so thank you again for sharing your thoughts and daily events with us. God Bless, Sandie x
Harrison, you ARE LOOKIN' GOOD!
Love from Jacky, Clive & Alex
:-) :-) and :-) XXX
Post a Comment